Day 5: Babying My Body

So, I took a few days off blogging. As of this afternoon, I was down to 203.2 pounds. That's almost 3 pounds lost since I started; not bad, all things considered.

I got into the Baby My Body part of the program yesterday. There's a diet plan to follow in addition to the Sassy Grass to take, plus a Facebook membership, weekly group coaching, and a bi-weekly 1:1 private coaching. It's a lot more that you're getting than just a supplement or two.

I experienced some fatigue, some headaches, and some other issues this weekend. My coach assured me that this is part of the body detoxing. It's going to continue happening for a little while as the fat begins to come off and the toxins get flushed out of my system. Once it clears up, though, I can expect to think clearer, have more energy, and feel better. That would be a welcome change, as is the weight I am losing.

I did learn an important lesson this weekend. On Saturday morning, when I weighed myself, I was at 201.2 pounds. What happened? Fast food. I went to Taco Bell that afternoon and had a Cravings Deal. I didn't think it was too big a deal. Went home and that evening weighed myself again - I was at 205! I undid almost all the work I had done to lose weight with one single fast food meal.

That is a very vivid demonstration to me of the importance of watching what I eat. It's no help to me to work hard to lose weight if I'm going to go off and undo it all with a single trip to a fast food joint. Needless to say, I found that a little discouraging, but it's also a good motivator to be more careful about what I eat.

It's hard to believe that I'm almost at day 7. I'll be measuring myself soon to see what has changed. A friend of mine told me that there are already changes to my face, which I would like to believe is true. However, I will wait until the official verdict before I do too much celebrating.

Word of warning: The things you're going to be required to buy for the diet plan are not cheap. I spent $108 dollars at the grocery store and I did not get everything on the list. However, it is better to spend $108 dollars at the grocery store than to spend $260 between medicines and doctors visits. You are worth the investment. You are worth paying a little more now to get the healthy body you want later.

Here are the things I ate today:

2 bowls of Spinach/dandelion leaf/butter lettuce/carrot salad with lemon & olive oil dressing
(I didn't get a chance to pick up a blender so this was the best way to get my "smoothie" ingredients in me.)
3/4 cups Celery
Buttered coffee (she provides a recipe that's yummy)
1 quart of lemon water
3 quarts of Sassy Grass
3 buttered lettuce, cheese, and turkey wraps
1 cup of bone broth

I don't count calories. That's not part of the program. What I do is give my body adequate hydration and nutrition.





Comments

Popular Posts